Monday 23 July 2012

A Brace of Quinns

A big thank you to Mark from Liverpool for sending us some pictures of his two lovely Harry Quinn's.
Mark adds the following information.

"Well here are some photos (the background isnt to good, with the bike leaning against the young fella's tramploline).

I was after a Harry Quinn for a while but in my experince there seemed to be more of the "Badged" bikes out there than the real ones, anyway I had a Colnago and a Terry Dolan so I was happy enough, if a Quinn came my way fine but my quest went hot and cold depending on what the Mrs, the Kids, the dog, or my old Norton motorbike needed. Then I heard there was a fella not far from me who was after selling his Harry Quinn, so I went over to have a look. my plan was to see if the frameset was ok and to do it up with modern components so I could go for a burn up at the weekend. When I seen the bike my eyes where on stalks, it was imacculate, it didnt look like it had been ridden, everything was sparkling the red paint, the chrome and Campag Nuovo Record throughout - Sold with no haggling.

The problem was, I just sat there staring at it, I wouldnt take it out, and I'd get rather cross if a spec of dirt landed on it, if I had my way it would be on the wall over the fireplace, but if I tried that, I'd get a belt in the gob from .... Herself

Fast forward a few years and another Quinn crossed my path, this one was used (but not worn out) and it had a selection of various components, it would be ideal to modernise, so I purchased it from a first class young fella from the Fylde, and the outcome is my Black Quinn which I ride all the time, I love it. (just managed to squeeze a 28-11 casette in the rear dropouts)

The frame number on the red Harry Quinn looks like Q2836, and the black Harry Quinn is Q1893 and thats all I know about them really, apart from the fact they are great fun. My Colnago may have been made on some misty mountain top in the Alps by 12 beautiful Italian women (supervised by Mr Ernesto Colnago himself) but as a Scouser I would rather have a Harry Quinn, made just a good (wind assisted) goal kick from Goodison Park, Home of the Blues."













So thanks to Mark for showing us his lovely Harry Quinns.

1 comment:

  1. HI I HAVE A HARRY QUINN LEFT BY MY FATHER IT HAS Q5119 FRAME NUMBER BIT HARD TO READ. BUT NO BADGE TO THE FONT JUST HQ PAINTED TO THE FRONT WITH ORIGINAL PAINT WORK. SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING IT IS NOT ORIGINAL BIKE.I KNOW IT IS BECAUSE MY FATHER HAD IT SPECIALLY MADE FOR HIM. ANY IDEAS WHY NO BADGE. MANY THANKS CHRIS

    ReplyDelete